Car Battery Replacement in Beaverton, OR
We are an interstate battery distributor, if your battery is showing signs of age or you’re having trouble starting your car, it may be time for a replacement. Brock Automotive Import Service offers quality and affordable car battery replacement services in Beaverton, OR and the surrounding areas. We are proud to offer the best battery brands in the market, and our experts will help you find the right one for your vehicle. Give us a call at (503) 994-1211 to schedule a battery replacement service today.
The battery is the heart of your car’s electrical system, providing the power necessary to start the engine and keep all of the car’s electrical components running. A battery typically lasts for about three to five years, but extreme temperatures, short trips, and other factors can shorten its lifespan. If your car’s battery is more than three years old, it’s a good idea to have it tested annually to check its condition.
Signs That Your Car’s Battery is Dying
There are several telltale signs that your car’s battery is nearing the end of its lifespan. If you notice any of the following, it’s time to bring your car in for a battery test:
- Old Battery: Most of us don’t think about our car batteries until they die on us. If your battery is more than three years old, it’s necessary to get it inspected on a regular basis to see if it already needs to be replaced.
- Slow Engine Startup: It’s pretty normal for your car’s engine to take a second or two to start, but if it’s taking longer than usual, it could be a sign that your battery is losing its power. This is especially true if the slow startup is accompanied by a clicking noise.
- Dim or Flickering Headlights: Another common sign of a failing or dying battery is dim or flickering headlights. This happens because the battery’s electric current isn’t strong enough to power the headlights at full brightness.
- Swollen Battery: A swollen battery is a clear sign of battery failure and needs to be replaced immediately. A battery can swell for a number of reasons, including overcharging and extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Corrosion on Battery Terminals: Corrosion on the battery terminals is another sign that your battery is nearing the end of its lifespan. The corrosion is caused by the battery’s acid leaking out, and it can cause all sorts of electrical problems if left unchecked.
- Foul Smell From the Battery: If you notice a foul, “rotten egg” smell coming from under the hood of your vehicle, it’s a clear indicator that the battery’s acid is leaking. This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately.
How to Prolong Your Car Battery’s Lifespan?
While it is necessary to replace your car battery every few years, there are some simple things you can do to maximize its lifespan:
- Keep the Battery Clean: Regularly cleaning the battery terminals will help prevent corrosion and keep your electrical system running smoothly. This is one of the best ways to prevent long-term damage to your battery.
- Check the Battery Fluid Level: If your car has a maintenance-free battery, you don’t need to worry about checking the fluid level. However, if your car has a conventional battery, it’s important to check the fluid level every month or so and top it off as needed.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, can significantly shorten your battery’s lifespan. If possible, store your car in a covered parking area to protect it from severe weather conditions.
- Don’t Let Your Car Idle for Too Long: If you’re going to be parked for more than 60 seconds, it’s better to turn off your engine. Letting your car idle for a long period can put a strain on the battery and reduce its power.
- Take Your Car for a Drive: If you only use your car for short trips, the battery may not get enough of a chance to recharge. Try to take your car out for a longer drive at least once a week to let its battery fully recharge.
Get Your Car’s Battery Replaced at Brock Automotive Import Service
Brock Automotive Import Service is your one-stop shop for all your car maintenance needs in the greater Beaverton, OR area. We offer a complete range of car battery services, from replacement to testing and maintenance. Our team of certified master technicians has the knowledge and experience to quickly and efficiently replace your car battery. Plus, we only use the highest quality batteries from top brands in the market to ensure that your car is running at its best. Contact us today at (503) 994-1211 or use our online contact form to get started.