Check Engine Light
Check Engine Light Diagnostic Services in Beaverton, OR
Your check engine light comes on, and you have no idea what it means. You take your car to a local mechanic and they tell you that it will cost hundreds of dollars just to figure out what the problem is. But at Brock Automotive Import Service. If you want to know what’s wrong with your car without breaking the bank, contact us at (503) 994-1211 to schedule a service appointment today.
The engine control unit (ECU) is an essential component in your car that monitors the engine and its systems for any potential problems. If the ECU detects an issue, it will activate the check engine light to alert the driver. However, deciphering what the check engine light means can be difficult and expensive. At Brock Automotive Import Service, we utilize a computerized diagnostic system and take advantage of our decades of industry experience to quickly and accurately diagnose the problem. Whether it’s a simple fix like a loose gas cap or something more serious, you can rest assured that we can figure it out.
Top Reasons Why the Check Engine Light Comes On
There are many different reasons why the check engine light might come on, but some of the most common include:
- Loose or Damaged Gas Cap: If your gas cap is loose or damaged, it can cause fuel to evaporate from the tank. This will trigger the check engine light as the ECU senses that the fuel level is low. This can be easily fixed by tightening or replacing the gas cap.
- Faulty Wires and Spark Plugs: Over time, wires and spark plugs can become worn out or damaged. This can cause misfires in the engine, which will set off the check engine light. Replacing the faulty wires and spark plugs should take care of the problem.
- Oxygen Sensor Problems: The oxygen sensor is responsible for measuring the amount of oxygen in the exhaust. While you can drive perfectly fine with a faulty oxygen sensor, it will eventually cause long-term damage to the engine, so it’s best to get it fixed sooner rather than later.
- Catalytic Converter Issues: The catalytic converter is a key component in the emission control system, and if it’s not working properly, it can cause an increase in harmful pollutants. This will trigger the check engine light as well as cause serious damage to the engine.
- Faulty Mass Airflow Sensor: The mass airflow sensor is responsible for measuring the amount of air coming into the engine. When it’s not working properly, the engine hesitates or stalls, triggering the check engine light.
- Overheating Engine: If your engine is running hot, it will immediately trigger the check engine light. It is critical to turn off the engine and have it checked out as soon as possible to avoid serious engine damage.
- False Positives: Sometimes the check engine light will come on for no reason at all. The ECU could be experiencing a glitch or its sensor could be faulty. It can usually be solved by resetting the ECU or updating its software.
What is a Check Engine Light Diagnostic Service?
When you bring your vehicle into Brock Automotive Import Service for a check engine light diagnostic service our ASE certified technicians will use our state-of-the-art diagnostic tools. First, they will connect our diagnostic tools to the vehicle in order to communicate with the car’s computer. This will allow them to pull reference codes on what could be causing your check engine light to be on. Our technicians will then use these reference codes to further diagnose the issue. Depending on the specific reference code they will perform a series of tests to identify exactly what is malfunctioning. This check engine diagnostic process is in-depth and detailed to ensure that we diagnose the vehicle right the first time.
Why Choose Brock Automotive Import Service for Check Engine Light Diagnostic Services?
With over 50 years of total combined experience in the automotive industry, our team of highly skilled technicians can quickly and accurately diagnose any problem with your vehicle’s ECU. Unlike other auto repair shops in the area, we are honest, transparent, and upfront with our pricing, so you will never have to worry about hidden fees or unexpected charges.
We also offer a wide range of auto repair and maintenance services, so you can get everything taken care of in one place. From oil changes and brake repairs to electrical diagnostics and suspension repair, Brock Automotive Import Service has you covered. Plus, we are fully licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can sleep well at night knowing that your vehicle is in good hands.
We’ll Get You Back on the Road in No Time
If you’re experiencing problems with your vehicle’s ECU, don’t hesitate to bring it to Brock Automotive Import Service. We have the skills, equipment, and manpower to quickly and accurately diagnose the problem and get you back on the road in no time. Contact us at (503) 994-1211 to learn more about our services or to schedule a free consultation today.