Car Heating and AC Repairs
Car Heating & AC Repair Services in Beaverton, OR
Why suffer in the heat or cold when you can have your car’s heating or AC repaired by the experts at Brock Automotive Import Service? We are a top-rated automotive repair and maintenance shop in Beaverton, OR that specializes in both Asian and European-made vehicles. Whether you need a simple AC recharge or a more complex repair, our expert mechanics have the experience and training to get the job done right. Contact us at (503) 994-1211 to schedule an appointment today.
Your car’s HVAC system is a complex network of components that work together to keep you comfortable in all kinds of weather. When one of these components fails, it can cause a chain reaction that affects the entire system. That’s why it’s important to have a qualified technician diagnose and repair the problem sooner rather than later. By doing so, you can continue driving in comfort, and avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
3 Signs of a Faulty HVAC System
Knowing the early signs of a failing HVAC system can help you get the repairs you need before it becomes a more serious problem. If you notice any of the following, bring your car to Brock Automotive Import Service as soon as possible:
- Strange Noises: If you hear strange noises coming from your car’s AC vents, it’s a good idea to have it inspected by a qualified technician. These noises could be caused by a number of different problems, including loose components, failing compressor, or restricted airflow.
- Insufficient Cooling or Heating: If your car’s AC isn’t blowing cold air, it could be low on refrigerant. This is a common problem that is easily fixed, but it’s important to have it diagnosed and repaired right away. The same thing goes for your car’s heater. If it’s not blowing hot air, there could be an issue with the heating elements, blower motor, or even the thermostat.
- Leaking Fluids: Fluid leaks are never a good sign, especially when it comes to your car’s heating or cooling system. Both of these systems use a variety of fluids that are essential to their proper function. If you see any sort of fluid leak, don’t wait to have it inspected.
Parts of Your Car’s A/C System
Your car’s cooling system is made up of numerous parts that work together to keep you comfortable, no matter the weather outside. Here are some of its most important components:
- Compressor – The compressor is the component that compresses refrigerant before it is pumped into the condenser, where it becomes a liquid.
- Condenser – The condenser is a heat exchanger that condenses all gaseous refrigerant from the system into liquid form.
- Accumulator – The accumulator acts as a refrigerant filter that removes moisture from the system.
- Expansion Valve – The expansion valve is what regulates the amount of refrigerant that enters the evaporator.
- Evaporator – The evaporator, with the help of the compressor and blower fan, converts warm air into cool air that is then circulated throughout the cabin.
Parts of Your Car’s Heating System
Your car’s heating system is composed of several components, all of which work together to keep you cozy on those cold winter days. Here’s a look at some of its most important parts:
- Heater Core – The heater core is a small radiator that transfers heat from the engine coolant and blows it into the cabin.
- Blower Motor – The blower motor is responsible for circulating heated air throughout the entire cabin.
- Heater Control Valve – The heater control valve regulates the flow of coolant to the heater core, which in turn, controls the amount of heat that is produced.
- Heater Hoses – The heater hoses are responsible for carrying the hot coolant from the engine to the heater core.
Drive Comfortably With Brock Automotive Import Service
There’s nothing worse than being stuck in traffic on a hot summer day with a car that doesn’t have air conditioning. Or, having your heater fail on you in the middle of a cold winter night. At Brock Automotive Import Service, we understand how important it is to have a comfortable ride, no matter the weather. That’s why we offer quality and affordable car heating and AC repair services in Beaverton, OR. Contact us at (503) 994-1211 to schedule a service appointment today.