Belt & Hose Replacement
Belt & Hose Replacement Services in Beaverton, OR
As part of your car’s routine maintenance, it’s important to have its belts and hoses checked periodically for wear and tear. Brock Automotive Import Service is a full-service auto repair shop in Beaverton, OR, that can inspect and replace your vehicle’s belts and hoses. Our team of certified master technicians only provides top-quality workmanship and replacement parts to ensure that your vehicle’s new belt or hose is built to last. Contact us today at (503) 994-1211 to get started.
Your car’s belts and hoses may seem like small and inconsequential parts, but they are actually essential to the proper functioning of your vehicle. The belts are responsible for powering the engine’s accessories, like the alternator, air conditioning compressor, and power steering pump while the hoses carry coolant and other fluids to and from the engine. When one of these parts fails, it can cause serious engine damage. That’s why it’s critical to have your belts and hoses regularly inspected and replaced as needed.
What Are the Types of Belts in Your Car?
Your car is equipped with a number of belts, each of which performs a specific function. Here’s a look at the most common types of belts in a vehicle:
- Serpentine Belt: The serpentine belt is the main drive belt in your car. It powers the alternator, water pump, power steering pump, and air conditioning compressor. It’s a long rubber band-like belt that winds its way around your engine block.
- Timing Belt: The timing belt controls the opening and closing of the engine’s valves. It ensures that the valves open and close at the correct time in relation to the position of the pistons. Timing belts are typically made from rubber, polyurethane, or neoprene.
- Fan Belt: Some vehicle models have a fan belt, which helps to keep the engine cool by powering the radiator’s cooling fans. It also powers the water pump and air conditioning compressor just like a serpentine belt.
- Other Belt Types: There are many other types of belts in your car, including the alternator belt, power steering belt, A/C belt, and more. Whatever type of belt your car needs, Brock Automotive Import Service has you covered.
What Are the Types of Hoses in Your Car?
There are several types of hoses in your car that deliver important fluids to the different parts of your vehicle. Below is a list of the most common types of hoses in your car:
- Radiator Hose: The role of the radiator hose is to carry the coolant from the engine to the radiator. The coolant helps to keep the engine at a safe operating temperature. You can find two of these hoses on your car, one going to the radiator and the other returning the coolant back to the engine.
- Heater Hose: Made to withstand high temperatures, the heater hose carries the hot coolant from the engine to the heater core. The heater core is responsible for the car’s climate control system, which warms up the passenger compartment during the colder months.
- Fuel Hose: As the name suggests, the fuel hose is responsible for delivering fuel from the gas tank to the engine. Fuel hoses are made of a durable material that can withstand the corrosive nature of gasoline. When this hose leaks, it can be a serious safety hazard, which is why it’s important to have it checked and replaced as needed.
- Brake Hose: The brake hose helps to deliver the hydraulic fluid from the master cylinder to the brakes. The fluid is responsible for providing the necessary pressure to engage the brakes and stop the car. A leaky brake hose can lead to a loss of brake fluid and reduced braking power, so it’s important to have it checked regularly.
- Air Intake Hose: The air intake hose connects the engine’s air filter to the throttle body. It’s responsible for delivering clean air to the engine for combustion. A damaged air intake hose can cause a loss of engine power and reduced fuel economy as well as an increase in emissions.
- Other Hose Types: In addition to the hoses listed above, there are many other types of hoses in your car, including the valve hose, power steering hose, and more. Brock Automotive Import Service can inspect and replace any type of hose in your car.
Schedule a Service Appointment With Brock Automotive Import Service Today
If it’s time to replace the belts or hoses in your car, Brock Automotive Import Service can help. We specialize in both European and Asian import vehicles and carry a wide selection of high-quality belts and hoses that are compatible with brands including BMW, Audi, Honda, and Acura. Contact us at (503) 994-1211 or use our online contact form to schedule a service appointment today.